Articles on this Page
- 08/28/17--20:07: _Torrent clients not...
- 08/30/17--16:31: _Install vmware work...
- 08/31/17--05:02: _drag and drop betwe...
- 09/04/17--13:21: _Loss of Function Ke...
- 09/05/17--00:55: _No network in windo...
- 02/14/14--15:33: _VMX corrupt file
- 09/06/17--19:43: _Ethernet Controller...
- 09/09/17--01:40: _Resolution keeps re...
- 09/09/17--07:34: _objective1-1-config...
- 09/12/17--01:53: _Failed to assign su...
- 09/03/17--11:20: _VmPlayer Network ad...
- 09/13/17--04:51: _Asking for email/li...
- 09/15/17--01:00: _Player 12.5.7 and C...
- 09/18/17--11:24: _guest crash with 3d...
- 02/17/14--18:46: _VMtools Installatio...
- 09/20/17--12:36: _Installing vmware w...
- 09/20/17--12:26: _Has a power cut des...
- 09/20/17--15:45: _"This virtual machi...
- 09/22/17--02:18: _vmwareplayer7 32bit...
- 09/22/17--11:51: _where/how to get vm...
- 08/28/17--20:07: Torrent clients not connectable in virtual machines.
- 08/30/17--16:31: Install vmware workstation on Fedora 26
- 08/31/17--05:02: drag and drop between windows and player
- 09/04/17--13:21: Loss of Function Key Access
- 09/05/17--00:55: No network in windows xp and windows 7 guest under linux host
- 02/14/14--15:33: VMX corrupt file
- 09/06/17--19:43: Ethernet Controller not installed (and new hardware found etc...)
- 09/09/17--01:40: Resolution keeps reseting itself
- 09/09/17--07:34: objective1-1-configure-scratch-parition.mp4
- 09/12/17--01:53: Failed to assign subnet address to hostonly network: vmnet1
- 09/03/17--11:20: VmPlayer Network adapter question
- 09/13/17--04:51: Asking for email/license every time I run VMware Player
- 09/15/17--01:00: Player 12.5.7 and CentOS 7.4
- 09/18/17--11:24: guest crash with 3d enabled
- 02/17/14--18:46: VMtools Installation Issue in safe mode windows server 2003
- 09/20/17--12:36: Installing vmware workstation on windows 2012 ( hyper-v ) system
- 09/20/17--12:26: Has a power cut destroyed my VM
- 09/22/17--02:18: vmwareplayer7 32bit install
- 09/22/17--11:51: where/how to get vmnetcfg.exe to use with VMWare Player 12.5
- uninstall current Player,
- download and install Pro 12.5
- copy WMNetCfg.exe from the install folder
- uninstall Pro 12.5
- reinstall Player.
Hi I'm running Workstation 12 player on Windows 10 and I'm running both Ubuntu and Windows 10 virtual machines. The issue I'm having is that torrents download fine with qbittorrent and deluge but with both I get yellow/red connection signs and get a red check mark when testing the port in deluge. I do manage to upload as well but it's really poor performance compared to what I get on my original windows and I guess this connection issue might be causing it? I have tried changing ports and even using the same port on the original windows pc which has a green connection but nothing helps.
So what's the issue here? Does the traffic go through another port since they are on the virtual machines? What can I do to fix it?
Noob here, Stuck trying to install vmware 12 on Fedora. No can do. Instructions would be invaluable. Been searching web for two days. Read through O'Reilley's "Running Linux". No Luck. Appreciate any help.
apologies if this is not the correct forum.
I have player installed with two operating systems.
XP which I can copy and paste to and from the host system
And WIndows 10 which I cannot copy and paste to or drag and drop.
Thought i might need vmware tools so I installed it and it is shown in control panel under add remove programs and it isa whon in the nofification bar where clicking tells me about VMware tools.
How to a startup vmware tools please and am I going in the right direction to solve the lack of drag and drop
Was using Workstation Player 12.5.7 (Unregistered non-commercial) on a Win7 Pro host to run Windows XP on my Toshiba Laptop. All programs were running fine with Function Key access. I previously had copied the same XP virtual machine files (avoiding a complete reconstruction of the virtual disk) to wife's Toshiba laptop also with Win7 Pro host and all worked fine there. I have replaced my Toshiba laptop with a Dell laptop running Windows 10 as host. When Workstation player 12 was configured on the Dell host with the copied Windows XP virtual machine files the programs seem to work OK but the Function keys provide no actions in the guest applications. The Function key actions are instead accepted by the host and are not allowed to pass to the guest OS. Any ideas would help.
I installed a Windows xp and a Windows 7 guest. In both cases there is no Network at all. When I install a Linux gues I can ping beween guest an host.
Which mistake did I made?
Can anybody help?
I have Windows 7 on my PC, running VMWARE PLAYER version 6.0.1 build-1379776. I can no longer start my session, as I keep getting "VMX file corrupt" error.
What does this error mean. Can I reinstall VM player software, and will it find my data?
how should i install this network controller that is being found via the new hardware wizard, but is not installed at all in any way?
and which network adapter should i use for the vm machine in the first place? vmnet1, net8 or somekind of bridged network? and maybe this choise also affects this "new device found" part somehow?
player version = 12.5.7
how can i keep a specific resolution in the host?
i noticed 2 things:
1) if 3D accelaration is not enabled, the resolution keeps resetting to 640x480
2) if it is enabled, it keeps resetting the resolution to 'fit screen' (even if the "auto fit" is not selected!)
3) how can i set a permanent resolution?
Ubuntu 17.04 x86_64
Workstation player bundle 12.5.7-5813279
Installing the bundle as root leads to some errors, including the one described in the title
[2017-09-12 09:55:38,542] Configuring Bridged network vmnet0
Configuring hostonly network vmnet1, probing for unused subnet ...
Stopped all configured services on all networks
[2017-09-12 09:55:38,543] Failed to assign subnet address to hostonly network: vmnet1
There is plenty of unused private IP subnets on the host.
The whole installation log is attached.
Launching WP then fails.
I'm kind of new to Vmplayer and have some trouble setting up the network adapters i my player.
On my computer I have several network connections(LAN, wireless, VPN's and so on) and i'm going nuts on how to setup these to my VmPlayer.
What I want but can't get to work are that my connections on my host computer are "mapped"(maybe copied are the right word for this?) to the virtual machine.
I've tried using Bridged but somehow it always take just one of my network connections(usually the one with internet connection), can't get the other options to work either.
Is there some way you could "mapp" all of the host's connections to the guest?
I'm not a network guru so if someone have the time I would love to learn the difference between the different setups in VmPlayer network tab.
Thanks in advance!
I changed my main operational system to Ubuntu(16.04 LTS) and I installed the latest version of VMware Player.
But every time I run the program, this windows bellow appears:
Just to be clear, this never happened on Windows.
It doesn't affect the program at all, but it's annoying. Is this how the Linux version works by default?
Plus, after a few times running the program, my virtual machines don't appear at the main screen, and I have to selected one by one again
after upgrading to from CentOS 7.3 -> 7.4 the Player is unable to create the vmnet1 and vmnet8 connections. In the log (see attachment) I found entries about a missing version.h:
2017-09-15T09:06:17.213+02:00| vthread-4| I125: Failed to find /lib/modules/3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64/build/include/linux/version.h
2017-09-15T09:06:17.213+02:00| vthread-4| I125: /lib/modules/3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64/build/include/linux/version.h not found, looking for generated/uapi/linux/version.h instead.
Also entries about modinfo which exited with status 256:
2017-09-15T09:06:17.321+02:00| vthread-4| I125: Invoking modinfo on "vmnet".
2017-09-15T09:06:17.322+02:00| vthread-4| I125: "/sbin/modinfo" exited with status 256.
The final entry is
2017-09-15T09:06:17.886+02:00| vthread-4| I125: Building module with command "/usr/bin/make -j4 -C /tmp/modconfig-3k7IHs/vmnet-only auto-build HEADER_DIR=/lib/modules/3.10.0-693.2.2.el7.x86_64/build/include CC=/usr/bin/gcc IS_GCC_3=no"
2017-09-15T09:06:18.686+02:00| vthread-4| W115: Failed to build vmnet. Failed to execute the build command.
I'm able to start the Player with the old Kernel 3.10.0-514.26.2.el7.x86_64 where the Player was built.
Should I try to deinstall/install the Player?
guest with 3d enabled sometimes crash
it may be caused by BOINC that start some GPU computation
We are using VMware Player version 6.0.1 running on windows server 2008 R2
We converted one of the system's symantec backup (windows 2003 OS) to vm using VMware vCenter Standalone Converter V 5.5 (selected VMwae player 6.0.x during conversion)
Host OS : Windows server 2008 R2
Guset OS: Windows Server 2003 R2
we are facing the following problems.
1. when we played Virtual machine, it was very slow and we cant install VMtools, so we entered into safe mode(safe mode system works fastly)
2. In Safemode, when we tried to install we got some DLL error (see the attached picture), log files also attached for your reference.
3. By installing VMtools on guset, will it be fast to work?
Following this we tried and didn't worked for us. Anyone have the solution for this problem.
Step 1: Unregister Windows Installer, and then reregister Windows Installer. To do this, follow these steps:
a. Click Start, All Programs, Accessories and then click Run.
b. In the Open box, type "msiexec /unreg" (without quotes), and then press Enter.
c. Click Start, All Programs, Accessories and then click Run.
d. In the Open box, type "msiexec /regserver" (without quotes), and then press Enter.
Step 2: Check to see if the Windows Installer service is running.
a. Click Start, All Programs, Accessories and then click Run.
b. Double-click on the service named "Windows Installer".
c. Check the value in the "Startup type:” field. If it's currently set to "Disabled" change it by selecting "Manual" from the drop-down box. Make sure the service is Started.(Not started for us)
I am keep getting following message ... i have hyper-v 2012 machine and installing vmware workstation so i can simulate isilon cluster. I am testing backup piece.
Is there way i can make vmware workstation work on hyper-v machine. Since don't have physical system to test this.
i have tried following no luck ...
"bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off"
remove-windowsfeature -name Hyper-V
VMware® Workstation 12 Player 12.5.2 build-4638234
After my power was reinstated I could not open up my Virtual Machine I get this message
This virtual machine appears to be in use. If this virtual machine is not in use, press the "Take Ownership" button to obtain ownership of it. Otherwise, press the "Cancel" button to avoid damaging it.
If I try to take ownership I get the following message
Error while opening the virtual machine: Taking ownership of this virtual machine failed.
The virtual machine is in use by an application on your host computer.
Configuration file: E:\Virtual Machines\WinXP_Latest\Windows XP Mode.vmx.
Is there anything I can do to fix this I have a backup but I have done quite a few changes since then
Hello, I've recently build a new pc with a Ryzen 5 1600 cpu. After installing vmware im getting this error and I cannot seem to fix it. I have virtualization enabled on the bios and I'm running windows 10 64 bit home. Thanks in advance.
Hi Everyone,..i am looking for vmwareplayer7 32bit install,...if anyone knows were i can download this,,..please kindly post the download link,..thankyou
Ok, so occasionally my VM connections using Bridged connection stop working and I've been reading posts that show the issue to be related to multiple networks and VMNet0 picking the wrong network adapter. The fix for this is to use the VMNetCfg to "force" the selection of the correct network adapter for VMNet0.
From what I've been able to read since the VMNetCfg does not come with Workstation Player 12.5 I have to:
Can anybody tell me if this is the only way or if there is a better way to get the WMNetCfg.